Melanotan II Reviews and Warnnings
WHAT IS MELANOTAN-II?
Melanotan-II is a lab-made chemical that is similar to a hormone found in people. Be careful not to confuse melanotan-II with melatonin.
Melanotan-II is given as a shot to produce erections in men with ED (erectile dysfunction), tan the skin, and prevent skin cancers caused by sun exposure.
POSSIBLY EFFECTIVE FOR
- Producing erections in men with ED (erectile dysfunction), when given as a shot under the skin.
- Tanning of the skin, when given as a shot under the skin.
INSUFFICIENT EVIDENCE TO RATE EFFECTIVENESS FOR
- Preventing skin cancers due to sun exposure, when given as a shot under the skin.
- Other conditions.
More evidence is needed to rate the effectiveness of melanotan-II for these uses.
HOW DOES MELANOTAN-II WORK?
Melanotan-II is similar to a substance in our bodies, called “melanocyte-stimulating hormone”
which increases the production of skin-darkening pigments. Melanotan-II might also work in the brain to stimulate erections of the penis.
ARE THERE SAFETY CONCERNS?
Melanotan-II is POSSIBLY SAFE when used under medical supervision for treating ED (erectile dysfunction).
It may cause nausea, stomach cramps, decreased appetite, flushing, tiredness, yawning, darkened skin, spontaneous erections of the penis, and other side effects.
There isn’t enough information to know whether melanotan-II is safe for other uses.
Special Precautions & Warnings
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Not enough is known about the use of melanotan-II during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- Stay on the safe side and avoid use.
- DOSING CONSIDERATIONS FOR MELANOTAN-II.
- The following doses have been studied in scientific research:
BY INJECTION UNDER THE SKIN
- For causing an erection in men with ED: the typical dosage of melanotan-II is 0.025 mg/kg
- For tanning skin: the typical dosage of melanotan-II is 0.025 mg/kg